Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. Really glad to welcome you here.
I’m also a bit sorry to the talented landscape painter & the UNYA guy as there might be people looking for this Ben Whitehouse and they find them instead. Sorry. Sorry.
If I’m not any of those people (and there are days I wish I was…) who am I?
34 35 and I live in Gwersyllt, Wrexham. I grew up in Wiltshire, set out for university at the age of 18 and haven’t really stopped moving since then. I’m proud to be ginger. I’m very proud of who my parents raised me to be. They did a sterling job with this one. (They also did rather well with my brother and sister)
I work in local government. I’m a member of the local Labour party in Wrexham where I live. I’m gay. I’m also a Christian. I’m a bit of a lefty.
I tweet my train commute as: @benjionthetrain
I wrote a rather nice set of Train Communting Pro-tips.
Most Popular Posts:
1) My post about Michael Gove saying kids should read 50 books a year. WordPress very generously featured it in their freshly pressed page and it went “viral”. Lovely but a bit bewildering. http://tinyurl.com/6zqtcu3
2) My (ongoing) campaign to get John Wyndham on the Birmingham Walk of Stars. I have problems with the concept of the Walk of Stars and the notion of Broad Street being a “golden mile”; however, this post is just about John Wyndham. http://tinyurl.com/wyndhamwalk
4) Explaining that Gay men are banned from giving blood in the UK: http://tinyurl.com/benjiblood
5) Words I no longer want to hear on twitter – http://tinyurl.com/twitterwords
6) A post I wrote a while ago about faith (my faith, faith in general and a Christian faith in particular)- http://tinyurl.com/benjifaith
7) A post I wrote about growing up gay (and also about being a gay teacher)- http://tinyurl.com/3g6gb9m
8) A micro story I wrote about a guy stuck in a cell. (I can’t help but feel there’s an actual short story out there called The Cell that people are looking for and they keep finding this page, again- sorry) http://tinyurl.com/cellstory